Early 1950 marked the start of a decade of change for the General Brock as extensive renovations and additions were put into action. Demand and popularity of the hotel ushered in the need for expansion that included the addition of two floors to the building to house additional guestrooms, a new Rainbow Salon, an expanded Fallsview Rainbow Dining Room, and a new kitchen.
As the 50’s came to an end, the newly renamed Brock Plaza hotel unveiled a $500,000 renovation project that saw the addition of the legendary Crystal Ballroom complete with ornate chandeliers, wall murals, and oriental carpeting which to this day remains one of the most elegant event venues in Niagara.
Next Time: The Sixties and the start of a revolution
Thanks for reading,