The elegant Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls – Fallsview has a storied history and to mark our 80th Anniversary we will look back at the events and moments that helped shape Niagara’s first luxury hotel.
Planning of our monumental building began in 1927 with ground breaking in early January 1929. The Hamilton based Pigott Company was commissioned and would complete construction in record breaking -time of 6 months and at a cost of $1.5 million. The General Brock Hotel opened for business on Canada Day, July 1, 1929 as the premier luxury destination in the region and featured 260 guestrooms, a roof top garden, generous ballroom, and fireproof construction.
In the next post we look back at the Crowne’s connection to Royalty and the hotel makes its big screen debut.
Thanks for reading,