As we prepare to welcome you, we would like to take a moment to re-confirm our commitment to you. Through our IHG Clean Promise, we have added new protocols and have redefined our cleanliness processes. Our commitment is based on using new science-led protocols and service measures and partnerships with industry experts.
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel teams the protection needed.
IHG Way of Clean
Our established rigorous cleaning procedures developed in partnerships with industry leaders Ecolab and Diversey have
been expanded. Additional protocols and best practices have been put in place to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, and local public health authorities.
Way of Clean includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Reduced contact at check-in, touch-less transactions, front desk screens, sanitizer stations, sanitized key-cards, paperless check-out
Public Spaces and Facilities
- Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Visible verification of sanitized items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, and new laundry protocols
- If a guest is not satisfied or reports their room does not meet the IHG Clean Promise within 2 hours after check-in, the hotel will resolve the issue to the guest’s satisfaction in the current guest room or offer a room change to one of equal or greater value that meets the IHG Clean Promise
Food & Beverage
- New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Additional guidance and resources for hotel teams and guests may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Hotel will appoint Clean Champions to deliver these elevated cleanliness standards